"How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself."
Registered Psychologist (AHPRA)
Medicare and DVA Provider
Workcover Provider - QLD and NSW
Registered Clinical Hypnotherapist (AICHP)
Bariatric Psychologist (Pre and Post Surgery)
I was born and raised in Germany and have lived in Australia for 40 years.
I have two children and I am a proud grandmother.
My working background comprises working in the following fields
- Family Law and Mediation
- Individual and family support during family law proceedings, separation and parenting issues, court support and relationship therapy including post separation support
- Substance abuse and addiction rehabilitation
- Disability services program development and coordination
- Adolescent assessment and behaviour modification in high schools
- Childhood and adult sexual abuse counselling at the Centre for Sexual Violence Southport
- Trauma counselling and victim support with QLD Police Services (QPS)
- Weight loss bariatric surgery psychological assessments and after surgery support
- Private practice - collaborating with general and integrative doctors
I treat the following conditions with a holistic approach to psychology as they often overlap and need to be treated in a personalised manner. No two people are the same and there is no “one size fits all” approach when it comes to the intricate functioning of our brain and our mind.
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety & Stress
- Addictions & Substance Abuse
- Self-Esteem & Development
- Grief & Loss
- Health & Weight Issues
- Pain Management
- Trauma & Sexual Abuse
- Adjustment Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Eating Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Psychosomatic Disorders
My special interest is in neuropsychological processes that answers questions such as “Why do I think like I do”? and “What makes me unique in my attitudes, behaviours, feelings, emotionality and capacity for empathy”?
My therapy is guided by the unique wiring of neural pathways in your brain, which manifests a feelings, sensations, thoughts and behaviours. Some neural pathways are hardwired (traits) and some are transient (states of minds).
This process is called neuroplasticity, which means we can actively change our ways of seeing, feeling and relating to ourselves, others and the world. Changing our neural pathways changes the wiring of our brains, and therefore, our lives.
Individual sessions are tailored to your specific needs incorporating the following therapies:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Schema Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Relationship Counselling
- Clinical Hypnotherapy
I also conduct therapy in German.
Medicare rebates are available for psychological treatment by registered psychologists under the Australian Government’s Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative.
To access the Medicare rebate, your doctor will prepare a Mental Health Treatment Plan and refer you to a psychologist for up to 10 Medicare subsidised consultations per calendar year.
Current Medicare Rebate is $89.65
Health Care Concession Card holders will be charged a reduced rate and Pension Card holders will be bulk billed. Please check our Fees page for more information.
Some Private Health Funds also cover psychological treatments