Louise is an Accredited Practising Dietitian working in private practice. She holds degrees in Health Science, Nutrition and Dietetics and has a comprehensive understanding of the interplay between the human body and nutritional biochemistry. Louise uses her expertise in food and nutrition by translating evidenced-based scientific information into personalised practical advice to help clients improve their health and wellbeing.
Knowing the health benefits of eating well, Louise is very passionate about food and nutrition and enjoys helping people lead healthy lifestyles. She practices what she preaches when it comes to engaging in a healthy lifestyle by incorporating healthy eating and exercise into her daily life. She believes in a whole foods approach in combination with other healthy lifestyle changes is the best approach in achieving long-term changes in health.
She takes a holistic and person-centred care approach in working with clients, to facilitate nutrition, behaviour and lifestyle change and endeavours to empower clients. Louise offers nutrition counselling services in chronic disease management and is committed to providing high quality dietetic services. She has experience in many areas of nutrition and can help people understand the diet-disease relationship for a wide range of health problems. Louise can also provide nutritional advice for patients on specific/restrictive diets (e.g. Ketogenic Diet, Mediterranean diet, Low FODMAP Diet, SIBO diet, Elimination Diet, Vegan/Vegetarian diets, Time restricted eating).
Special interest and skilled areas:
- Diabetes management
- Weight management
- Women’s nutrition (endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, hormonal imbalances)
- Cardiovascular disease (high blood pressure – DASH diet, high cholesterol)
- Food intolerances/chemical food sensitivities (elimination diet)
- Gastrointestinal conditions (Irritable bowel syndrome – low FODMAP diet, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, Coeliac disease, diverticular disease, GORD, gastritis, SIBO)
- Plant-based nutrition (mineral deficiencies)
- Chronic liver disease (MAFLD, ALD, hepatitis, haemochromatosis)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Pregnancy/child nutrition
- Cancer nutrition
- Bulk billing available for pensioners/health care card holders/disability/DVA
- Initial standard consultation
- Review standard consultations
- Accessibility and availability: clinics, home visits, phone consults
- Registered with Medicare, DVA and private funds
Dietitian Association Australia (APD)