Doctors from Next Practice Deakin currently provide in-reach services to retirement villages, aged care facilities, and disability homes across Canberra. The opportunity would suit a GP with an interest in managing people with complex and chronic conditions and/or palliative care.
- As an experienced medical centre in providing these services GPs are supported by:
- A multi-disciplinary team of patient advocates, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, practice pharmacist, and social worker.
- Cloud-based electronic health records and telephony systems are provided to support flexible working.
- A bespoke communication system with RACFs using a secure communication portal
- Co-ordinated internal cover arrangement during leave as the team of clinicians grow
- Telehealth options include enhanced Telehealth in some RACFs to remotely examine patients including looking in ears, auscultation of lungs and hearts and assessing skin lesions and wounds
- Mentoring and support if you are new to aged care
- Internal clinical meeting for professional development and peer support
This is a fantastic opportunity to:
- Enhance professional satisfaction
- Supplement your income
- Work flexibly and hours to suit you from as little as one session a week to full-time; weekdays or weekends
- Work in an area of Canberra that suits you
- Opportunity to combine with mainstream general practice
For an informal or confidential exploratory conversation please contact our Director and Principal GP, Dr. Paresh Dawda via Next Practice Deakin on 02 6185 5555 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org