What is MyMedicare?
MyMedicare is a new voluntary patient registration model, which allows patients to register with their regular general practice and preferred GP.
The key aim of MyMedicare is to strengthen the relationship between patients and their usual general practice.
Registration for MyMedicare is voluntary for patients, practices and providers.
Why is MyMedicare important to you?
With MyMedicare registrations, you will have access to:
- Greater continuity of care with your registered practice, aiming to improve your health outcomes.
- Longer telehealth appointments with your regular practice (effective from November 2023).
- Triple bulk billing incentives for longer MBS telehealth consultations to encourage practices and GPs to bulk bill (applicable for children under 16, pensioners and concession card holders).
- Patients who live in residential aged care home will have access to more regular visits from their GP and better care planning (effective from August 2024).
- If you visit the hospital frequently, you will be connected to more appropriate care in general practice, from the 2024-2025 financial year.
Find out your eligibility
- To register in MyMedicare, you would need either:
- A Medicare card
- Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) card
- To be eligible to register in MyMedicare with Next Practice WSIH, you will need to have at least 2 face-to-face consultations recorded with our practice in the previous 24 months.
- Parents/guardians and children can be registered at Next Practice WSIH if one of them is eligible and registered at our practice.
How can Next Practice WSIH support you
and your goals of care?
Next Practice WSIH is Australian’s first university-based integrative medical centre. We are initiated by Western Sydney University’s NICM Health Research Institute and Chinese Medicine (in the area of Traditional Chinese Medicine), and run by Next Practice.
Our authentic healthcare team at Next Practice WSIH is here to listen to you and keep you well. Our primary goal is to provide accessible and high-quality healthcare services that are tailored for you to meet your goals of care. In order to do so, we offer a variety of medical services and allied health services.
- General Practice & Integrative Health Services
- General Practice
- Mental Health
- Iron Infusions
- Health Assessment
- Integrative Medicine
- Holistic & Preventative Health
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Nutritional Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Cancer Screening & Prevention
- Cancer Survivorship Care Plans
- Children’s Health
- Women’s Health
- Breast & Cervical Screening
- Preconception & Pregnancy Care
- Men’s Health
- Sexual Health
- Metabolic Disease
- Chronic Disease Management
- Diabetes Management
- Weight Management Support
- COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster
- Work Cover
- Pre-Employment Medicals
- Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Yoga Therapy for Every Body - Private
- Group Yoga Classes
- Group Tai Chi Classes
- Oncology Massage
- Remedial Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
Next Practice WSIH offers discounts for students, as well as free immunisations for children under the age of 12.
Your MyMedicare Registration with Next Practice WSIH
Register in MyMedicare is voluntary for you.
This system is based on a dual consent process, where both you and Next Practice WSIH need to consent. Your registration can be completed in one of the following ways:
- You can commence the registration process in your Medicare online services (Medicare Online Account or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app), and we can then accept your registration in MyMedicare system from our end.
- Next Practice WSIH staff can commence your registration process in MyMedicare system from our end, and you can then complete the registration and provide consent in your Medicare online services.
- You can also fill out a registration form at Next Practice WSIH and our staff will then complete your registration in the MyMedicare system with your consent provided on the form.
If you are at the age of 14 to 17, you will be able to register in MyMedicare and provide consent without your parent or guardian.
- Registration via Medicare online services can only be completed using a valid Medicare card.
- If you are registering with a DVA card, you will need to fill out a registration form at our practice.
- Registration for children under the age of 14 will also need to be completed at our practice.
Having any questions? Needing help with the registration process? We are here for you!
Please call our friendly team at (02) 9145 1290 or reach out to us via email firstname.lastname@example.org