Do all this for at least two weeks, while you are establishing a normal sleep rhythm. You can start to relax it once your sleep is better.
- Spend time outside in sunshine
- Spend time in nature
- Exercise or move your body in a way you can tolerate
- Don’t drink ANY caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate or cola) after midday
- Eat plenty of anti-inflammatory foods, and avoid inflammatory foods
- Before the sun goes down, finish up using all electronic screens
- Avoid ALL alcohol, at least until sleep rhythms have normalised
- Avoid bright and white lights
- Establish and maintain a calming night-time routine
- Drink a calming herbal tea after dinner
- Don’t eat or drink too close to bed time, but don’t go to bed hungry
- Think about how many hours you have to sleep
* please refer to our website for the full article.