Integrative and Functional Medicine
Marie practices Integrative Medicine - a form of healing- oriented, evidence -based medicine that takes into account the whole person, including all factors that influence wellness such as mind, spirit, community as well as the body.
She seeks to identify and address the root causes of disease, and views the body as one integrated system, not a collection of independent organs divided up by medical specialties. She incorporates lifestyle medicine, nutrition/diet, supplements, stress reduction and exercise to optimise health. She endeavours to use the most gentle way to help the body restore balance along with the least invasive treatment possible.
She promotes a health-focused, patient-centric partnership, in which doctor and patient work together. She takes a systems biology approach to health and will thoroughly evaluate the myriad interactions among genetic, environmental, diet, and lifestyle factors that influence health and may manifest as complex chronic disease.
Marie is then able to tap into conventional and complementary tools of healing to help her patients activate their innate healing response. This involves not only paying special attention to lifestyle factors, environment and microbiome but she also will address the importance of understanding how different mind states can create stress or harmony within the body.
Marie’s areas of special interest include but are not limited to:
- Food intolerances
- Microbiome restoration
- Infections- bacterial, fungi and parasites
- HPA axis dysfunction (previously known as adrenal fatigue)
- Thyroid dysfunction including Autoimmune Hashimotos
- Insulin resistance/Diabetes
- Menstrual disorders
- Endometriosis and other Estrogen dominant conditions
- Peri- and post- menopause
- Pre-conception and pregnancy support
- Recurrent infections/lowered immunity
- Stress related burnout
- Chronic fatigue/post viral syndrome
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (HONS)
- Bachelor of Arts (Sociology)
- General Practice Fellowship with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Fellowship of Australian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM)
- TGA approved prescriber of Medical Cannabis
- 3 year Professional Training with Hakomi Psychotherapy Australia
- 1 year Professional Training with Hakomi Embodied and Aware Relationship Training, Hakomi Australia
- Training programs with American Academy of Anti -Aging Medicine (A4M)
- Training programs with Australasian Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A5M)
- Continuing Professional education in General practice, Functional and nutritional/environmental medicine.
- Continue Supervision and Professional Education in Psychotherapy