Personalised and individualised Integrative Health Care.
Suzi is an Integrative Medicine Doctor who combines conventional medicine with a range of complementary medicine tailored to her patients. Her passionate interest in holistic medicine arose during her teenage years in her home country, Germany. She investigates and addresses the WHY and HOW illness and dis-ease can develop in each individual. Her approach aims to treat underlying root causes rather than masking symptoms.
Suzi graduated from the University of NSW in 1997. She subsequently worked at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney where she had 5 years of extensive training in internal medicine. It was during her hospital years that she began her professional and personal journey in complementary medicine.
She completed a 4-year diploma of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in 2002 and conducted further studies in China in 2003. It was her quest to deepen her understanding how Chinese Medical Doctors (trained in both at university) blend the complementary strength of Orthodox Western Medicine and TCM to optimise patient care. Suzi began General Practice in 2004 and completed her fellowship in general practice with the Royal College of General Practitioners in 2006. She has undertaken extensive training in nutritional, lifestyle, environmental and functional medicine to address acute and chronic complex health issues.
Integrative Medicine recognises that optimal healthcare is not “one-size-fits-all”. One disease can have several causes, and one cause can present as several different diseases from both a Western and Eastern point of view. Each person has their own unique blueprint for health which involves a complex interplay of physiology, lifestyle, genetics, and their environment.
Suzi seeks to provide a comprehensive and personalised approach to facilitate healing and restore balance. This may include diet modification, optimising sleep, exercise and movement, stress reduction, mindfulness, nutritional and botanical supplements, Chinese herbs, acupuncture, and medication. She enjoys educating, coaching, and empowering her patients about their specific health issues, individual goals, and wellness. Being healthy is more than the absence of disease. She works together with you providing you with tools to begin your trajectory towards optimal wellbeing.
Integrative Health Services:
- All aspects of General Practice
- Preventative Medicine
- Nutritional, Dietary, Lifestyle Assessment and Advice
- Psychological Health: Counseling and Pfeiffer Protocol for Mental Health (Pyroluria, High Copper, Undermethylation and Overmethylation)
- Extensive Functional pathology testing including Complete Microbiome Mapping, Histopath, GI Effects Stool Profiles by Genova Diagnostics and other microbial analyses, SIBO Breath Testing, Complete Dutch Hormone Testing, Organic Acid Testing by Great Plains or Genova Diagnostics, Plasma Methylation Profile by Doctors Data, ImuPro Food Intolerance Testing, Comprehensive Cardiovascular Risk Assessments including LDL subtyping, Ox LDL, fatty acid profiles, homocysteine, hsCRP, Apo A & B, lipoprotein a, CT coronary artery calcium score, Nutripath and others
- Chinese Herbal Medicine & Acupuncture
Special interests include, but are not limited to:
- Gut Health
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Parasites, viruses, bacterial and fungal infections
- Microbiome restoration
- Women’s Health
- Pregnancy Support
- Postnatal Care
- Menstrual Problems
- Preconception Care and Fertility Support for Men and Women
- High Cholesterol, Hypertension
- Weight Management
- Endocrine health
- HPA axis dysfunction
- Thyroid Disorders
- Insulin resistance
- Chronic Fatigue States
- Mental Health:
- Stress Management
- Recurrent infections/cold and flu
- Healthy Ageing
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery 1997
- 5-year postgraduate hospital training
- 4-year Diploma of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Tui Na) at The Sydney Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine 2002
- 4 months extensive clinical training at The Chengdu Hospital, Chengdu, China 2003
- General Practice Fellowship with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) 2006
- TGA approved prescriber of Medicinal Cannabis
- Courses in Complementary Therapies at Nature Care College, Sydney: Nutrition, Diploma of Remedial Massage, Reiki and Aromatherapy
- Postgraduate Certificate of Advanced Clinical Hypnosis, Counselling, Stress Management & Relaxation
- Training programs with the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM), the Australasian Academy of Anti-ageing Medicine (A5M), the MINDD Foundation (including DAN Training), Dr William Walsh and Biobalance
- Trained Demartini Method Facilitator
- Continuing professional education in General Practice, Traditional Chinese & Functional and Nutritional/Environmental Medicine
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA)
- Most services are Medicare rebatable including acupuncture. Alternatively, private health insurance rebates are claimable for Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Medicine consultations
- Nationally registered as a Chinese herbalist, medical and TCM acupuncturist with AHPRA