- Qualifications: Bachelor of Applied Science, Master of Dietetic Practice, Graduate Certificate in Diabetes Studies, Sports Nutrition.
- Special interests: Weight Management, Diabetes, Eating Disorders, IBS and Sports Nutrition
"I aim to provide evidence-based and tailored dietetic advice, to achieve your goals and improve your quality of life."
Annabel Johnston is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian. She has had extensive experience working in private practice, in both rural and metropolitan areas of Queensland.
Annabel became a dietitian due to her interest in nutrition and its association with chronic disease prevention and management. Nutrition is a critical piece of the 'health & wellbeing’ puzzle, and she loves to support her patients with positive education and guidance.
Outside of work, Annabel has a passion for the great outdoors and all aspects relating to food. On a weekend, you’ll find her exploring local farmers markets (generally at the cheese store), hiking up a mountain, cooking up a storm and enjoying the local café scene. Together, Annabel wants to help you find a solution to maximise your health and happiness!
Annabel specialises in the following areas:
- Weight loss
- Nutrition pre and post Bariatric surgery
- Chronic disease management
- Cardiovascular disease - heart disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol diabetes
- Coeliac disease
- Crohn's disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Diverticular disease
- Eating disorder management - anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorder
- IBS - Identification and management
- Sports nutrition
Please note, Annabel operates her own ‘Nutrition for Living’ dietetics business at Next Practice Newstead and other locations.