Karolina is a highly experienced psychologist who has a holistic approach when working with clients and puts emphasis on strengths and assets of individuals. Throughout her career, Karolina has worked in a variety of settings, including hospitals, international universities and private practice. In addition to her clinical work, she has presented her research at international conferences and published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Master of Psychology (Health and Clinical) and PhD in Experimental Psychology (Neuroscience)
- 15 years clinical experience post-graduation
- Clinical experience in the evidence based treatment of mood (i.e., depression, bipolar spectrum), anxiety (GAD, social phobia, OCD, PTSD), adjustment disorders, grief, self-esteem issues, perfectionism, and personality disorders, chronic pain, substance misuse disorders, emotional regulation and anger management
- Clinical experience in adult mental health (hospital inpatient and outpatient, community based settings), private practice, and tertiary education settings (University of Regensburg in Germany, University of Canterbury in New Zealand, University of Queensland and Queensland University of Technology)
- Experience in facilitating group therapy programs to address anxiety and mood disorders, for trauma recovery, chronic pain, cardiac, respiratory and oncology patients
- Experience in the use of the following therapeutic modalities: CBT, T- CBT, CPT, PE, DBT informed skills training, Interpersonal Therapy, Brief Solution Focused Therapy, Schema Therapy and Clinical Hypnotherapy