Welcome to GenBiome - Edgecliff
Genbiome is a patient-centric, team based medical practice in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney with experienced medical, complementary and allied healthcare practitioners. We collaborate between various health modalities to provide patients with a comprehensive whole person approach based on modern functional medicine principles.
Telehealth: click HERE to join the online waiting area
Our practitioners, other than listed below, can be seen face to face or via Telehealth (use link to run a test to confirm if your browser and setup are compatible). For telephone consultations, your practitioner will call you at the time of your appointment.
For Telehealth consultations, we kindly ask you to provide your payment details when booking your appointment in order to streamline the billing process. These details will be kept securely, and debit/credit cards only debited when the payment is due.
Steve Mursa, Greta Thurgood and Sylvie Perera will offer their services face to face only at the clinic.
If in the last 14 days, you have developed symptoms such as a fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, or shortness of breath; OR you have you travelled overseas or interstate; OR you believe that you have been in close contact with a suspected case of Coronavirus (COVID- 19); OR you have been recommended to self-isolate or quarantine, OR if you have been to any of the locations during the time and date indicated here: you can only book Telehealth appointments unless you obtain prior clearance from one of our doctors to present yourself to the clinic.
For in-clinic consultations: on arrival, we may check your temperature and invite you to sanitise/wash your hands. The touch areas of each room will be wiped by your practitioner between each consultation and the reception touch areas wiped several times per day. We are supporting appropriate protection measures, therefore the patient and the practitioner will wear a mask when relevant, unless under special circumstances. Masks can be provided.
Our wide range of health services include:
- Functional breathing assessment and retraining programs
- Cold laser therapy (photobiomodulation)
- Colonic hydrotherapy
- Health coaching
- Holistic general practice
- Integrative child health
- Functional hormone testing
- Genetic testing
- Intravenous therapies / supplementation
- Microbiome testing and support
- Mitochondiral assessments
- Psychology, hypnotherapy and counselling
- Home sleep study
The GenBiome Team
Our patients have access to a well-regarded healthcare team assembled by Dr Christabelle Yeoh, who has a strong interest in chronic disease management, neurological, gastrointestinal and metabolic health.
- Dr Narelle Savage is our integrative GP with a special interest in children’s health, cancer support and emotional well-being.
- Dr Annabel Stuckey is an integrative GP with over 40 years medical experience with a strong interest in childhood and adolescent mental health and behavioural disorders.
- Sylvie Perera is an acupuncturist and an Inner Space Techniques (IST) Practitioner, who works with patients in the areas of fertility, pregnancy and children, bereavement and chronic disease management.
- Giselle Cooke is our Holistic Health Consultant. She is a herbal and medically trained integrative practitioner with a special interest in the microbiome, epigenetic medicine, men's and women’s health, hormones and fertility.
- Greta Rose Thurgood is a clinical Nutritionist and Colonic Hydrotherapist, with an integrated and holistic approach to understanding and managing the gastrointestinal tract and all associated diseases.
- Dr. Rosalba Courtney is a highly experienced osteopath who in addition to working on pain and muscular-skeletal dysfunction is also a world leader and researcher in breathing dysfunction and breathing therapy.
- Ruth-Helen Camden is a registered psychologist and an Inner Space Techniques (IST) Practitioner, who works with patients in the areas of emotional healing, finding direction and letting go of the past.
- Stephen Mursa is our chiropractor who works with a wide range of conditions of the mind body and gut. He is also an experienced Applied Kinesiologist, Laser Therapist and Life Coach.
Nutrition and Health Coaches
- Gen Couture provides nutrition and health coaching, giving patients a practical approach to adjustments needed for integrating a functional medicine plan.
- Phei Yap provides nutrition consultations, helping patients implement and grow with holistic practices and rituals that suit them through diet, addressing imbalances and deficiencies.
- Naomi Lees is a Certified Functional Health Coach supporting patients with their journey back to health through active support, coaching and positive approaches to dealing with a chronic condition.
Our team believes that we can better care for our patients when healthcare is based on relationships, trust, collaboration and understanding. Personalised medicine views each patient as genetically and biochemically unique. We focus on nurturing the patient, not just addressing the disease. Based on conventional scientific evidence; individualised medicine understands that our health and wellbeing is connected in a complex web of relationships. Through clinical assessments, we get an understanding of your particular underlying issues and apply specific treatment and advice that assists in the body’s natural healing mechanism.
Whether you are experiencing symptoms of fatigue, stress, chronic disease, accelerated aging, recurrent infections, complex neurological or environmental illnesses, infertility, weight gain, poor sleep, depression, digestive symptoms or brain and cognition concerns; the underlying patterns of your body’s dysfunction are treated with established practices of functional, integrative, nutritional and environmental medicine.
We combine in-depth knowledge of neuroplasticity, epigenetics, microbiome and mitochondrial science to understand the pieces of your health puzzle. This may be particularly useful when you have a chronic or complex condition and want to understand how to improve function as well as take further preventive and multi-faceted approaches to optimise your health outcome.
By identifying the root causes in the mechanical, biochemical, physiological, neurological or psycho spiritual levels of your health, we create a treatment plan to help address your chronic conditions and support the improvement of your overall health.
Experience A New Kind of Care
Conveniently located in Edgecliff Court (3 minutes’ walk from Edgecliff train station), our medical practice opened its doors to the community in October 2018.
Upon your visit, you’ll discover a purpose-built medical practice, designed to create a modern and healing space. The effect is one of comfort and nurture, not rushed or impersonal.
Tailored programs of care are co-ordinated by our Patient Advocates for those with chronic health conditions. We also support clients with other health concerns and those that are looking to optimise their overall performance or gut-brain health.
Book an appointment online or call us on 02 8311 2800 to find out how we can help you.
Please note that some treatments recommended at GenBiome may fall outside the scope of "conventional medical practice", as deemed by the Medical Board of Australia.
Patient Referral Form
Please click here to download our Patient Referral Form.
|New Patient Onboarding Session, required for first time patients prior to seeing Dr Yeoh or multi-disciplinary team.||75 minutes||$131 (no rebate)|
|Integrative medicine - Dr Yeoh - Initial||60 minutes||$333 (no rebate)|
|Integrative medicine - Dr Yeoh - Follow-up||60 minutes||$313 (no rebate)|
|Integrative medicine - Dr Yeoh - Follow-up||45 minutes||$273 (no rebate)|
|Integrative medicine - Dr Yeoh - Follow-up||30 minutes||$202 (no rebate)|
|Integrative GP - Initial||60 minutes||$293 ($184.15 gap)|
|Integrative GP - Follow-up||60 minutes||$293 ($184.15 gap)|
|Integrative GP - Follow-up||45 minutes||$253 ($144.15 gap)|
|Integrative GP - Follow-up||30 minutes||$189 ($115.05 gap)|
|Dr Stuckey – Initial||60 minutes||$360 ($251.15 gap)|
|Dr Stuckey – Follow-up||30 minutes||$200 ($126.05 gap)|
|Holistic Health - Free explorer session||15 minutes||Free|
|Holistic Health - Initial||75 minutes||$280 (no rebate)|
|Holistic Health - Follow-up||45 minutes||$197 (no rebate)|
|Holistic Health - Follow-up||30 minutes||$146 (no rebate)|
|Holistic Health - Follow-up||60 minutes||$247 (no rebate)|
|Nutrition or Health Coach session - Free explorer session||15 minutes||Free|
|Nutrition or Health Coach session - Initial (new patients)||60 minutes||$160|
|Nutrition or Health Coach session - Follow-up||45 minutes||$135|
|Nutrition or Health Coach session - Follow-up||30 minutes||$95|
|Colon Hydrotherapy Session - initial||60 minutes||$136 (no rebate)|
|Colon Hydrotherapy Session - follow-up||60 minutes||$136 (no rebate)|
|Colon hydro-therapy intensive over 3 weeks (buy 4, get one free)||4 sessions over 3 weeks (conditions apply strictly)||$408 ($102 per session)|
|Colon hydro-therapy intensive over 12 weeks (buy 6, get one free)||6 sessions over 12 weeks (conditions apply strictly)||$678 ($113 per session)|
|Acupuncture - Initial||60 minutes||$141|
|Acupuncture - Follow-up||45 minutes||$101|
|IST (Inner Space Techniques) - Initial||90 minutes||$242|
|IST (Inner Space Techniques) - Follow-up||90 minutes||$242|
|Osteopathy & breathing therapy - initial||60 minutes||$217|
|Osteopathy & breathing therapy - initial & follow-up||90 minutes||$319|
|Osteopathy & breathing therapy - follow-up||60 minutes||$217|
|Osteopathy & breathing therapy - follow-up||30 minutes||$116|
|Chiropractic integrated (nutrition, kinesiology, laser) - Initial||60 minutes||$202|
|Chiropractice integrated (nutrition, kinesiology, laser) - Follow-up||60 minutes||$262|
|Chiropractic integrated (nutrition, kinesiology, laser) - Follow-up||45 minutes||$195|
|Chiropractic integrated (nutrition, kinesiology, laser) - Follow-up||30 minutes||$131|
|Chiropractic integrated (nutrition, kinesiology, laser) - Follow-up||20 minutes||$86|
|Script fee||Out of consultation||$37 (no rebate)|
|CBD application administrative fee||Initial application||$81 (no rebate)|